Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Grass is Always Greener

 

I’m not getting too much accomplished today. I had planned to research some more business opportunities and maybe even post a gig on Fiverr.com today. However, as usual, my day took a tragic turn. I took a shower, combed my hair and sprang into action. I booted up my computer, sat down at the kitchen table and proceeded to load some business websites. As I looked towards the wall, hoping for inspiration, I saw something else. Something sinister. A worm! A horrible ugly worm was inching up the kitchen wall behind the table. It was the larvae of the Indian Meal moth (or pantry moth). A few years ago, we unknowingly brought home some infested rice from the store and tossed it into the pantry. A few months later, the pantry had 1000’s of worms in it!  I cleaned everything out and thought the problem was taken care of. Until today, at least. I frantically checked the cupboards and pantry out with a flashlight. I didn’t see anymore worms and hopefully, I won’t. The last time, these things just appeared overnight, so I’ll be on “worm patrol” for the next few weeks.  

I settled down at my computer again and the electricity went out. My first thought was that I may had forgotten to pay the electric bill, but then I saw my neighbors outside looking bewildered. I’m not sure why the power went out; it’s a beautiful and sunny New York day. We weren’t affected by Hurricane Irene. It’s been off about 2 hours now and I still have about an hour left on my laptop battery, so I decided to do a blog posting. I really want to stay on top of my blog postings.

What I got accomplished today: Nothing!

So, I guess I will blog about my awful marital relationship again. It does make me feel better to blog about Mr. B. I hoping that I’ll meet some caring readers who can offer me advice, help, encouragement, sympathy or kind thoughts.

I enjoy watching celebrities interact in their marriages on reality television programs. I watched the last season of Gene Simmon’s Family Jewels with great interest. I’m not sure how it actually feels to be Shannon Tweed, but from an outsider looking in, it sure doesn’t look so bad. Shannon Tweed is in a long term relationship (20+ years) with Gene Simmons of the rock band, KISS. Gene Simmons doesn’t believe in marriage and Shannon Tweed has no ring.  They have two older children, Nick Tweed-Simmons and Sophie Tweed-Simmons. Gene Simmons has a wandering eye. This bothers Shannon, and she finally leaves him after seeing a picture of him (behaving badly) posted on the celebrity gossip website, TMZ. Shannon just can’t take his whore-mongering anymore. To Gene’s credit, he does propose to Shannon in the season finale of Family Jewels. I wonder if she will say yes. I think she should. A girl could do a lot worse than Gene Simmons, that’s for sure.

However, the relationship has provided some perks for Shannon Tweed. Her children were raised in luxury, never wanting for anything. She lives in a big and beautiful house. She has everything that money can buy. She can travel whenever or wherever she likes. It looks like Gene spends a lot of time away on tour, so she can enjoy some personal time for herself. Even though Gene may be emotionally neglectful, she has received benefits from the relationship.

Another couple that I watch regularly is Teresa and Joe Giudice, of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Joe Giudice can be a real grouch, but he’s got that sexy, Tony Soprano alpha-male thing going on. He doesn’t seem to work much, yet he always has a lot of money. He deliberately tries to sabotage Teresa’s relationship with her brother. He often embarrasses Teresa at family functions or refuses to go at all. His business dealings have recently forced the family into bankruptcy. However, Teresa mentioned in an earlier season that they have a real good sex life. Even though Joe is legally broker than broke, they live in a gorgeous mansion in New Jersey. There still appears to be plenty of cash for clothes and high living. If this is bankruptcy, where do I sign up?

I guess my point is: In every marriage or relationship, there has to be some good with the bad. Teresa Giudice gives Joe Giudice a pass for his caveman-like behavior because he provides her with great sex and a luxurious lifestyle. Shannon Tweed put up with Gene Simmon’s philandering because he’s a wonderful father and an excellent provider. Oh, and these women probably love their men and hope they’ll mend their ways eventually. I doubt anyone has a marriage that provides them with everything they need.

But what if your marriage has plenty of bad and none of the good? Yep, I’m talking about my marriage. I sat down earlier with a piece of paper folded in half. I put “Good” on one side and “Bad” on the other. After a half hour, I needed a second sheet of paper for all of the “Bad” stuff, but I couldn’t find anything to put under “Good.” I deal with all of Mr. B’s psycho crap and mental abuse, without none of the perks. Heck, I don’t even have air conditioning in my 900 square foot hovel. Finally, I found one “Good” thing to write: At least he doesn’t beat me.

Shannon and Teresa, your partner may be a cheat or a crab, but at least he isn’t Mr. B. Gene and Joe are knights in shining armor compared to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment