Sunday, August 28, 2011

Darth Vader’s Theme: The Imperial March

 

I finally did fall asleep around 7:30 AM, but I didn’t sleep well. I had disturbing dreams all night. When I woke up, I swear I could hear “The Imperial March” from Star Wars playing in my head. You know, the song they play right before Darth Vader shows up. This is the ultimate melody of impending doom.

It’s 3:45 PM and Mr. B hasn’t returned home yet. By the way, I don’t call my husband “Mr. B” because his name is Bill. I’m sure you can figure out what the “B” stands for.

It’s cloudy and cool and depressing outside. I’m just sitting here watching the coverage of Hurricane Irene on MSNBC and waiting for that awful moment when he returns. I really don’t even know what time he’s coming home. Our marriage is too broken for us to share even the most basic of information. I wish I knew for sure that he wouldn’t be home until late tonight. At least then I’d know I had 5 or 6 more hours of Mr.B-free living. The anticipation is tearing me up. At least Hurricane Irene didn’t do as much damage as was originally predicted. Still, the news said that 14 people have lost their lives and that’s a terrible tragedy.

I think I’m going to spend a few hours looking over some work at home forums. I’m going to look into some ways that I can make money for my “freedom fund.” I’ve found a couple of large, busy forums where people seem to know what they’re talking about. Maybe I’ll be able to find some good ideas.

More later…Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment