Wednesday, August 31, 2011

4 Hour Work Week, SEO and EBooks

 

I decided to slink back to the Warrior Forum. I thought about it and I’m not going to let some invisible grumpy pooper from Canada scare me away. It appears that many of the members there are making money. Then there’s some people who aren’t making any money. I stayed there all day and read about all sorts of opportunities.

What amazes me is how many different ways there are to make money online. One guy is advertising in his signature on the Warrior Forums that he will write and research a 20,000 word ebook for only $1500.00. I wonder how often he gets an order. That seems like something I’d like to do. I think it would be fun to write an ebook and sell it online. Or write one for someone else. It wouldn’t be too hard to write 1000 words a day. A good ebook could be written in less than a month.

I’m not sure if it’s better to write a bunch of smaller articles or to concentrate on a larger project like an ebook or Kindle book. I guess I should start small for now and work my way up.

I ordered a few books from the library that I thought would be helpful. One of them is The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris. Just flipping through it, I can see it has a lot of useful information and tips about personal productivity, online marketing and life management.

I also got the Yahoo Style Guide. It has great advice for people who want to write for the web. I have good writing skills, but I’ve already learned some new tricks just skimming through it. It has a chapter on SEO writing. I’ve read that you have to be good at SEO if you want to be a successful online writer.

It’s all a bit complicated. When I read the forums, I’m still not sure about all the lingo. I don’t know what backlinks or meta tags are. I may have to get one of those “Internet Marketing for Complete Idiots” books.

Thankfully, I didn’t see any more awful worms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment