Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Scolded at The Warrior Forum

 

I finally managed to get on the Warrior Internet Marketing Forums today when the electricity came back on. I decided to make some forum friends by trying to be helpful to other members. The Warrior Forum has a special bonus paid membership forum called The War Room that is supposed to be very helpful for people wanting to earn money. It costs $37 for a lifetime membership and members report that it is well worth it.  I didn’t want to join The War Room as a stranger, so I went to the regular forums first.

I saw a thread that was titled, “So Lame...” The poster was having some trouble making money online and was upset that he spent all of his available cash. He said that he didn’t even have enough money to buy his daughter a birthday present for her first birthday. I felt sad for him, so I answered his post. I asked him if he knew how to write well. I thought it may be a good idea for him to write some articles to make some money. From my limited research, writing seems to be the best way to start out if you don’t have any money to invest. You don’t need any cash to begin to write. I posted my suggestion and some mean forum member from Canada flames me! He told me that my advice was lame and the last thing the Warrior Forum needed was more lame writers. And then, to make me feel even worse, another forum member named thanked him for his “very helpful post.” It’s helpful to yell at a new forum member who was trying to help another member? Sigh…

I don’t understand why forum owners allow older members to be so nasty to the new people. He could probably tell that I was new by my low post count. He could have just ignored my post if he didn’t like it.  He could have been nice, but he chose not to be.

Now I’m not sure that I want to go back there or join The War Room. My feelings are hurt. I should just ignore it, but I can’t. Maybe I’m too sensitive, but I burst into tears when I read his post. I really need to toughen up. I need to find a place to learn that is friendlier. I may continue to read The Warrior Forum, but I don’t think I’m going to be posting again for a while.

I decided to explore another forum called Work At Home Mom.  Their forums are located at www.wahm.com. I signed up for a user account and checked out their sub-forum about blogging. I found some good tips right away that I’m going to explore in the next few days. Members seemed helpful and friendly.

On an exciting note, my blog made 2 cents today. I didn’t think that anyone would find me yet, but a few people did. The stats said that I had 37 page views. I’m not sure how I feel about this. I want people to read my blog, but I’m also embarrassed of my “loser rants.”

No comments:

Post a Comment